Tuesday, September 22, 2009

To Leash or Not to Leash That Is The Question

Saturday, I was out running errands and noticed parents are now using the stores as babysitters while they shop. The children were running all over the store, fighting each other to use the price scanner, opening toys and playing with them. I wondered where were the parents and better yet who were the parents. While I was in Walmart I noticed a little boy about 7 or 8 years old who walked up to his mom and ask could he get some McDonald’s. The mom stopped cutting my fabric and gave him $5.00. Yes, she worked there and the toy department was the babysitter. Now in this case the new fashion leash I see parents with would not work. But as the children continued to run around the store I realized that I may have misjudged the new fashion leashes for kids. At first I just didn’t like the new fashion leashes but after Saturday I’m on the fence.
I provided a difinition found on http://www.dictionary.com/ .   Weigh in! 

–noun
1. a chain, strap, etc., for controlling or leading a dog or other animal; lead.
2. check; curb; restraint: to keep one's temper in leash; a tight leash on one's subordinates.

No comments:

Post a Comment